Wednesday, 10 August 2011

MORNING ALL

Well here I am again Wednesday morning - can you tell that you lot are keeping my sanity chip in place, honestly everything else is mad the only sane place to be is here and even then we get get a bit quirky sometimes don't we! 

Tuesday - well Tuesday was Tuesday after doing a 75 bullet pointed "to do list" (work related) I decided a chat with boss was a good idea, we put the world to rights and both agreed that everything on the list was essential so nothing ticked off the list but certainly made me feel happier that he understood how silly things are getting.  So I'm now planning a jaunt into work with said 10 year old this morning (after the opticians) and a full day on Saturday - yes I am that crazy, but when the list gets this bad I start losing the plot and the only way to re-synch myself is to blitz as much work as possible so I can make some progress forward - its the nature of what I do.  However, I am eternally grateful for all your positive thoughts that you sent following yesterdays posting - your comments made me smile and make me realise just how grateful I am to have blogging friends who are all absolutely fabulous, added to which Jo is back from her hols which means even more wonderful blog reading - woo hoo - ah should have saved that one til Friday - now all we need is Carmen back and we've got a full set!

Anyhow the plan for today looks like this

  • Breakfast
  • Make up 
  • Opticians
  • Cushion purchases
  • Work
  • Dash to see Mum and pay her the £10 I promised for said 10 year old who saw fit to spend it on those awful rubbery alien things in eggs grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr wouldn't have happened on my watch believe you and me! 
  • Home 
Now the question is what to do when we finally 'land' back here, we're on with fabric painting, cushion making, Alice drawings and Alice book as well as apparently a bit of photoshop!

So here is my question - if you were to draw something Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass  inspired other than the obvious what would it be - up to now we've got

  • Alice
  • The Red Queen
  • White Rabbit (in waistcoat)
  • White Rabbit in Hearts uniform
  • Caterpillar
  • Mad Hatter 
  • Fob Watch 
  • Cheshire Cat 
  • Tweedledum and Tweedledee
So what else do we need to do to really bring these to life - pretty please - they don't have to be 'people' essential objects also needed just can't think what.

Right crafting a layout after a day out at Brodsworth Hall, used the promotional leaflet which costs nothing, extended the picture and journalled the day! Not that I'm any artist but must admit I quite liked this once done!
And a 12 x 12 layout, I'm hoping i haven't share this before, I think it was on the desk of one of my WOYWW so apologies if it looks familiar, however, discovered that I'd not scrapbooked the Clock tower so threw this layout together to document it! 
close ups, stamped journal blocks and actual stitching apparently next to my cups rack - yes I know everyone else would use it for wine but we discovered that we emptied it faster than we could fill it so we didn't see the point!
Hope you're all having an eventful and busy day - don't want to look at the news figure if I stay here I won't know how bad it got last night and then I can live in my bubble again for a bit longer!  I hate negative news I really do - anyone got any good news? 

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous post Virginia. Love the LO and that journal page is awesome. :)
    Re: Alice - how about the "Drink Me" bottle?
    What are the "rubbery alien things in eggs"?
    So pleased that work sounds more positive - even if you do have to go in on Saturday. (((Hugs))) and ***sparkles*** for you.
    And thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, esp. the tips re: ironing. Managed half the basket yesterday thanks to Sky showing "New Moon" (I know I have it on DVD but that's not the same somehow).
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work there Virginia.

    Susie beat me to the "Drink me" suggestion but there is also the 'Eat me' and the tiny door that the White rabbit went through.

    Hope you are able to make a dent in that list.

    hugs
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to suggest the drink me bottle too! The mushroom with the worm sitting on it?
    I also need clarification on the eggs with rubbery aliens... sounds awful!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great LO...and love the art journal page and your continuation of the leaflet - looks beautiful. You have been busy....I hope you have got some of those things ticked off now :) Alice in Wonderland...my immediate thought was white rabbit...I would go for the hearts outfit, tho I like the fogwatch idea having read your list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say 'Drink Me'! How about the teapot with the dormouse? Playing cards? Flamingos?

    You made me feel all warm and lovely inside with your sweet welcome home comment, thank you!

    I don't know how on earth you cope with your job, I think I'd end up hiding in the supplies cupboard, humming to myself and rocking backwards and forwards.

    Ugh, didn't know those ghastly alien things were still around! If it's any consolation we have a growing foam lobster on our bathroom window ledge, sitting in water. Apparently it'll take 6 WEEKS to reach its full size. It belongs to my 16 (almost 17) year old son. I despair.......;o)

    xx

    ReplyDelete