Thursday, 18 August 2011

GOOD MORNING - THURSDAY ALREADY

Morning all, been up since just gone six, managed to tumble some clothing but the ironing pile is still as big - drat - might have to get the ironing board out shortly!  Anyway I've been catching up on all the beautiful blogs I follow, I've watched art journal videos with Dyan, seen cards, caught up with peoples lives and it's been a blissful hour so thank you one and all!  Plus Dyan's video has made me feel all creative so I'll be off hunting out some craft items later!  Said 10 year old is still fast asleep in bed and I've managed to have two cups of tea as well as set the dishwasher going - life is good!

How did work go?  It was long I was there hours and I felt like I achieved nothing (usual superwoman thing - what do you mean I didn't manage to cross off at least half of my to do list whilst I was in work) etc.

Anyway wanted to share another Shimelle layout that I've don, the challenge was to refrain from the normal embellishments and use paper to embellish a page, I've used some papers out of my Hippy Chick stack the back ground of which is a plain orange stripe and then used other papers from the collection to create the elements on the page, one page I'd already part used in another layout and so I used elements of that along the top of the photo of my and my hubby as well as in the corners, then I used another piece that had strips of other elements to punch out the hearts, create the wave along the bottom and add to the top and bottom of the Hogwards Castle photo, I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and it is a technique I've used before, the great thing with creating embellishments from paper is that you can get them to completely 'match' the papers you are using if you are using them from a stack of papers!


Close up detail of the punched border and the hearts - as you can see the papers completely compliment each other!


So there you go another Shimelle layout I'm hoping to get chance to do some more later on but we'll see what today brings (at the moment its bringing an oversized ironing pile - hey ho - off to do battle with it!)  Catch ya later!

3 comments:

  1. Stunning LO Virginia! Loving the fact that everything matches....an idea that appeals to the OCD part of me. :) Great photos too...reminds me of platform 9 3/4 @ King's Cross station which I always seem to pass on my way back from the NE.
    Sympathy re the ironing but you won't be alone...it's on my list for today (naughty me didn't finish it last week and now even more has been added!). Just need to find a film as I reckon the cricket will be rained off.
    Have a good day and I'll be Rocking with you tomorrow.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely LO Virginia - I like to use bits from matching papers on my LOs (when I can bring myself to cut into the papers that is LOL).

    Hope the battle of the ironing basket was successful.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the LO, great photos and super papers.

    Good Luck with the ever increasing ironing pile, it's so bl**dy boring, isn't it?! I guess I'm just not a domestic goddess ;o)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete