Thursday, 4 August 2011

ANNIVERSARY TODAY - STRANGE WEEK AND "ILLUSIONS" PAGE

Good morning one and all I thought in my infinite wisdom that I would be doing more blogging during the holidays but that just hasn't happened, I also thought I'd be doing more crafting and that hasn't happened either (I could get grumpy!) and I thought I'd be keeping up with all my lovely blogs that I follow and that hasn't happened.  So what has happened, well work work and work (we won't go there), misunderstanding between me and other half the other day when I was strung out on work meant it's taken a day to synch back into the norm of life added to which I'm poorly so a trick to Doctors - sorry doom and gloom but I need to bring you up to speed otherwise you'll all be under the illusion that my life is 'perfect' in every sense of the word, because my main post each week is my Rocking post and I try not to dwell on the negatives but in turn this might distort your view of my life!

Anyway that's enough of a catch up - so today it is officially 21 years ago today that I met my now hubby!  I can't believe how quickly the time has gone and although we've had a difficult week (you know the ones when you're not in synch properly) we've come out of it the other side in time to celebrate this fairly monumental date for us (and yes before you ask it gets more monumental each year LOL).

I honestly don't know where the time has gone but then we have done so much and enjoyed so many fantastic memories together! 

Anyway the plan today is to find a nice meal to cook for this evening (any ideas?  want something simple but really nice at the same time or is it just a jaunt off to M&S for a wander around their aisles LOL).  Try and find a small gift and make a card - not a difficult list I note but one that needs some work! 

Thought I'd post a layout I did of me and him recently this is one of those papers that seemed "almost done" that I sit and admire and then get grumpy because just sticking the photo to the paper isn't scrapbooking to me, so I had to work hard to make the paper "mine"

Think you can tell just how much we still absolutely love each other from the photo - he is completely and utterly my everything and I could not ask for better.... ever!!!!

Close ups with - step back in amazement - fake stitching, (I'm only posting this now whilst Carmen is in the throws of moving because she might have had to sit in a darkened room for a while with fake stitching on one of my layouts).  For anyone who knows my normal style it's always proper stitching on my layouts not fake - I'd forgotten how quick fake stitching was LMAO!



Journal page anyone? My illusion page in my 52 word book, this one was 'hard' work as I combined more than one image then extended it then added a Celtic Knotwork border then panicked thinking I couldn't pull it off, but perseverance left me with this - a page I love!
Hopefully I'll get chance to come and visit you at some point in the next few days, I'm just going to start at the top of my blog list and work my way down, but you've all been so busy - which is really good but means I have lots of catching up to do!

Hope you're having a grand day today see you tomorrow for "Rocking Your World Friday"

8 comments:

  1. See my blog.
    See me not blogging.
    See the date.
    See my house full of other peoples children(all of whom I love).
    See me not crafting.
    See me longing for september!!!

    I to can create the illusion of a perfect life :)
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry :S Happy anniversary !!! (I do tesco finest meals for 2 for £10, buy dearest wine get food free :D) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ginnie! And a happy lovin' day to you :D Andy has just arrived home after 4 weeks away so I'm having one too! (well I will be when he gets up - he's a bit jet lagged so he's had a bath and fell asleep LOL!)
    That layout is lovely of you and Craig and your journal page is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to the pair of you. :)
    ROFL @ fake stitching...I'm really missing Carmen.
    Love the LO and the journal page.
    See you tomorrow for Rocking Friday.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Needed some motivation so here I am lol. Beautiful lo with you and my wonderful brother-in-law. Gorgeous journal page that I had the luck to watch being put together. An as for the 21 years together all that can be said is congratulations and that I can't tell you how glad I am that you found each other all my love Melanie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, 21 years, congratulations!!! Did you know a 10 year marriage is classed as a long marriage now :-O
    How about cooking something that you used to cook your OH 21 years ago to bring back some memories?
    I am loving both pages you've done, you really are a multi-talented person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary - hope you both had a lovely day.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. 21 years, wow well done. We have been together for 23...would have got less for murder hahaha

    great page, the deep red is gorgeous. Loving that you love it.

    ReplyDelete