Tuesday, 14 June 2011

THANK YOU AND A LITTLE CRAFTING

Just wanted to say thank you to you all for your kind words they are very much appreciated at the moment, given how difficult this week is proving to be add into that the news that the funeral will be Friday night into church and Saturday morning actual funeral you can imagine that this is not getting much easier.  Whilst not wanting to dwell on yesterday's post what it does remind me of is how amazing you all are, I didn't want to put anything too lengthy on my facebook page as there are many of us going through this grieving process.  I did want to document it here as it felt like a more 'permanent' home, so thank you for listening even though it wasn't a cheery post, my blog friends you are simply awesome! 

Talking of facebook - my brother's status yesterday brought a smile and a tear and before it gets lost into the depths of facebook I thought I'd put it here as well - he's always been fabulous with words

"thinks somewhere a very feisty old lady is being met by a very giddy Jesus in a party hat.  Goodnight Grandma, another beautiful star learns to shine in the nightsky" - like I said beautiful words

Anyway at times like this you start to appreciate how fabulous crafting is - basically because when life is hard it's something to 'throw yourself into' completely to allow your brain some download time.  I'm not coping particularly well and have spent two days moving paper around my desk at work - (worrying when you consider that I should be running payroll LOL!)

Anyway some recent crafting came from a link on someone's blog (apologies cannot recall whose) indicating that Shimelle does a sketch every Wednesday - well not one to shirk a sketch I discover one that required 4 squares on the sketch and it meant I could drag out all those value packs of 6" x 6" (I never understand why I buy them - think they are value for money then realise I can't really use them on a 12 x 12 layout) and generate some great layouts - this one

which I loved doing and loved it so much I did this one (excuse hubbies warped sense of humour LOL)
and then this one which I love the colour combinations on - I did the journaling around the edge on the latter two because it worked! 
So I'm off to do some more crafting tonight in the hope it's not just paper rearrangement!

10 comments:

  1. Your brothers words are great made me smile, and wish you and your family all the best for Friday and Saturday - and great crafting (I find it all quite theraputic too :)) love all the LOs like the journalling around the edge - have to have a go at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have a stash of 6x6 papers(online special offers etc) This is a fantastic way to use them up :D Things will get easier next week, after the "things to do" get done. Then you will be able to relax and enjoy your memories. Have you made a scrapbook of your grandma yet? You could find this very comforting, and I'm sure the rest of your family would enjoy adding journalling to the pages :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong Virginia - I know it's hard and this week will feel endless. I'm thinking of you.
    I love your brother's post - he really does have a way with words. :)
    Also love your LOs (and your hubbie's sense of humour - great title!). And thanks for the inspiration - I too have lots of 6 x 6 pads that I don't know what to do with since I no longer make cards.

    Big hugs and love.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely LOs Virginia.

    Thinking of you at this sad & difficult time - hope all goes well on Friday/Saturday.

    (((hugs)))
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for visiting my blog.I'm sorry to hear about your grandma-your brother's word are a lovely tribute.
    Your LOs are great and I hope that crafting brings some stress relief to you at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great way to use up 6x6 papers!. I hope all goes well for you later in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really sorry for your loss, thinking of you x

    Your LOs are a fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry for your loss, hope you get through ok. What a great idea to use up 6x6, you've made really good use of the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Virginia. I've only just seen this and your previous post. I'm so sorry to read your sad news but i do truly bel;ieve they never leave us and do with all my heart believe you have that guardian angel right now.

    Sending you big hugs - if you ever need a chat or rant or cry, email me. Or if you want my mobly just let me know.

    As for your journal/scrapbook pages - I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout Virginia :D Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your lovely comment on my blog, especially when you are having such a difficult time yourself, your words were really appreciated & very kind. I really hope things turn around for you soon. Sending hugs.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete