Monday, 13 June 2011

IT'S BEEN A HARD WEEKEND BE WARNED THIS IS A HARD POST

I've been dragging myself through the weekend, it's been a hard one.  After posting my Rocking post on Friday I found out when dropping my little one at school that my Grandma had passed away, she was an awesome lady, a feisty amazing individual who never ceased to amaze me, her strength her love her warmth all of it utterly amazing.  She was mother to 11 children which is no mean feat, she lost my Grandad when he was only in his fifties and continued to work tirelessly, she was also an amazing and devout Roman Catholic remembering each and every one of her children, grand-children and great grandchildren in her prayers every night.  The hole she has left is cavernous and will never be filled and in all honesty I thought hospitals and Doctors would continue to rebuild her forever.  This however, has not been the case and I sit now reflecting on a long and amazing life with a heavy heart. 

However, in the spirit of Rocking my World Friday, I wonder sometimes if little glimpses of her are still shining this week unbeknown to me on Thursday evening when she left this life to start a new one I was at home surrounded by my Mum and my sister and my brother amongst others and I was art journaling albeit badly - these are the two pages I completed on the night - both pages were works in progress, both in different journals both documenting a flying person and both lots of journaling done on Thursday evening.

This one is in my A5 journal and says simply "Spread Your Wings and Fly"
This one says "The ripples of my life are creating strange patterns at the moment could really do with a guardian angel"
Goodnight Grandma may our loss on earth be a true celebration in heaven surrounded by your husband and five of your children, forever in my heart and my prayers.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Virginia, I am so sad for you. Your Grandma sounds like such a special person and she will have left a huge void in your life. Be comforted that she is reunited with her husband and those children that passed away before her. Just as she remembered you in her prayers every night, she will continue to watch over you.

    With love to you and your family at this difficult time.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hard time indeed my friend but you obviously have lots of happy memories of this lovely lady. I think your journal pages will have lots of meaning too and will be something that you can look back on and remember.

    Sending love & hugs
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so sorry to hear your sad news Virginia.
    My thoughts are with you. You obviously have some very special memories of your Grandma - let them sustain you through this sad time.
    With love and hugs for you and your family.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Virginia, so sorry to hear your news but admire your unwavering ability to find a positive in all that's going on.

    My thoughts are with you and yours.

    Gillxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear your news Virginia. You are part of a close and caring family and I'm sure you will all comfort each other through this sad time.
    with affection - Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to read this. Grandmas are indeed special people. Lots of love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear this Virginia. You obviously have some very special memories of your Grandma - I hope they bring you comfort at this sad time.
    Love and hugs to you and your family.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful post and tribute to a wonderful lady who will always be in your life xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your grandma was certainly with you all on thursday night. I am a firm believer in "continued existence", and someone who took so much time to focus on her family is sure to find a way to keep in touch. Your post is a beautiful tribute to her love :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I posted twice - didn't think the first one had got through.
    Hugs and good thoughts Virginia. xx

    ReplyDelete