Saturday, 21 May 2011

SNEAKY SATURDAY POST - THE RUGBY IS ON!

Good afternoon, just sneaking a quick post whilst my boys are watching football.  Yes DH Craig is back home safe and sound, we had a lovely evening with a romantic candle lit dinner and then he played Lego Pirates of the Caribbean on the Wii with said 10 year old LOL into the evening.  It is so nice to have him home, I knew I'd missed him just didn't appreciate how much until he was back.  So we're having a lazy family weekend, we've been food shopping and done a bit of washing and tumbling but that's about the sum of what we're doing today - bliss!!

What this actually means is that I get to scrap whilst they are watching rugby - so bonus decent TV and crafting at the same time - multi-tasking takes on a whole new meaning.

Anyway it was good to be able to put my Rocking post on at a sensible time yesterday, it's so lovely to come and visit and see what's been Rocking your world this week!  This is my take on the Scrapology blogs challenge this month, I really enjoyed working on the sketch and I've taken a slightly different slant on the 'bunch of flower' interpretation on the sketch.  I love sketches often they take me outside of my comfort zone which I'm always up for and this was no different! 

The detail you can see the build up of ribbon, stamped and inked hand cut leaves and punched butterflies

and then the journaling has been done on some nestability shapes that I've die cut. 
Hope you're all having a grand Saturday - if you pop by say hello it's always lovely to know whose been to visit!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Virginia, Lovely to see you taking part in our challenge again. Great layout and love your vine. I so enjoy seeing the different ways poeple take the ideas an run with them and this is very pretty. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday too.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, V! Lovely that your man is back, and that you can relax and do some crafting - sweet LO, I really like your colour combo.

    I'm having a nice day - unfortunately the hubster is working :o( but I went out with DD Hope this morning for a coffee and girlie chat, and then after a quick charity shop trolley dash (!) we popped into a craft shop to get some Distress stains which I want for a postcard challenge thing I'm doing. Only went in to get them but ended up spending £20, how DOES that happen?!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, I'm off to spend an hour crafting......

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad DH Craig is home safe and sound - enjoy your weekend. :)
    Love the LO - esp. your interpretation of the flowers - what a great idea.
    I'm just debating whether to do my Rocking post now (I ran out of Friday in which to do it) or save it until tomorrow- I don't think I've done a Rocking Sunday post before. :)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful page Virginia! I absolutely LOVE the way you have created the vine, such a creative use of ribbon. thank you for joining in our challenge this month....good luck!
    Warmest wishes Anita..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO - love the leaves and other embellies.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous l/o just love how you have put the leaves and ribbon together it looks fab. Have you done some machine stitching on the leaves?

    Thanks for all your lovely comments. Enjoy the rest of your weekend we are hoping to have a lazy one as well. Take care, hugs Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your idea of using ribbons as stems, it looks fantastic! Your LO has a lot of texture to it which looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh i love those stitched leaves and all that ribbon :0) great LO all round!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh that ribbon and leaf combo is just gorgeous Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely layout Virginia, fab vine!
    Thanks for joining us again this month :)
    Linda
    Xx

    ReplyDelete