Sunday, 22 May 2011

AFTERNOON ALL AND HOW'S YOUR SUNDAY

Ooh it's been a lovely weekend up to now - thoroughly laid back and relaxing and much fun.  We've done the 'jobs' you know the ones the cooking and the washing and the ironing (that was approaching mountainous) and we've managed a watch a film, enjoy the rugby and do some crafting as well as a jaunt out to my sisters today so a good weekend has been had by all and I'm heading for more crafting with 80 minutes of rugby just starting.

Just thought I'd post a couple of photos of a layout that I did recently - definitely outside of my comfort zone on the colours front, I had to take this photo we found the 'den' in a wood whilst at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park last year and my niece was adamant it was Eeyore's House - question was where was Eeyore LOL
As you can see this was the first outing for one of the masks that I won via Carmen's blog, I know it's subtle but I like it! Then there is using up old brads
As well as using old tags that I've had forever, with some old stickers a bit of ribbon and a brad to make the title - I was really happy with the overall effect, I've a feeling the layout was predominantly a sketch but can't for the life of me think where from now.


Hope you're having a lovely sunny and relaxing Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love that LO - muted colours, lots of interesting techniques/details and Eeyore's house (I agree with your niece o that!).
    Enjoy your crafting - mine will have to wait until after the footie!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO and aren't you good using some oler pieces of stash. Enjoy what is left of the weekend.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO and I always like seeing how other people find ways to ue up old stash, I have way too much!! Thanks for visiting my blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout, all the old stash elements work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout love the colours, Eeyores house is fabulous, shame he wasn't home! lol Hugs Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely LO, and that does look like Eeyore's house!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout Virginia.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I've missed loads of your posts! Am so glad you are getting use out of the masks :D

    There used to be a tree in the woods where we lived in Scotland. All the roots were exposed and my sis and I swore even up till the day we moved, when we were both well into our teens, that it was Victoria Plums house. Blimey - I had forgotten about that - maybe I need to document that somehow :P I love this page so much Virginia :D

    ReplyDelete