Sunday, 24 April 2011

ROCKING YOUR WORLD SUNDAY AND WHERE ARE MY BLOG FOLLOWERS GOING?

Well thought I'd come and do a quick update on what I'd guessed at for my Rocking Your World post on Friday to see how close I'd got! 

Time away from work to chill - MANAGED WITH GREAT GUSTO IT HAS BEEN AWESOME AND I'VE ENJOYED EVERY MOMENT
Swimming (if we manage to use the pool) - KIDS MANAGED THIS - TRYING TO SQUEEZE THIS BODY IN A SWIMSUIT WOULD HAVE PUT OFF THE OWNERS SO I REFRAINED LOL
Tennis (if we manage to use the courts) - KIDS AGAIN MANAGED THIS ONCE - APPARENTLY THEY WEREN'T THAT FUSSED A LUMP OF TARMAC WITH A NET AROUND IT SIMPLY NOT ENOUGH TO KEEP THEM ENTERTAINED
Laughter (if we manage to have a giggle) - LOTS OF THIS AND WE ALL NEEDED IT
Art journaling (if I remember to take some paints) - DONE LOADS USING LOTS OF THE PAMPHLETS AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL WE PICKED UP PROMISE TO SHARE LATER
Books (if we get around to reading) - YEP BACK INTO THIS TOO - CURRENTLY READING THE FINAL BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD - OOH AND IT'S FABULOUS
Blue skies (if the weatherman is kind) - WASN'T IT JUST WALL TO WALL BLUE SKIES AND WARM WEATHER - SHEER BLISS
Good company (will manage this regardless) - YEP MANAGED THIS WITHOUT A PROBLEM - MY NIECE IS COMING INTO HER OWN NOW AS SHE GETS A LITTLE OLDER SO WE'VE HAD SOME GREAT CONVERSATIONS PLUS THAT GIRL LOVES TO ART JOURNAL SO SHE WAS MY ART JOURNAL BUDDY IN THE EVENINGS AND SHE WAS SO PLEASED HER AUNTY GINNIE TOOK LOTS OF PAINTS AND SHE ENJOYED TRYING THE NEW 'SMOOSHY' STYLE
Treasure hunts (we've bought two so should be fun) - ONLY MANAGED ONE OF THESE DUE TO THE QUANTITY OF WALKING WE WERE MAKING THE KIDS DO - LOL - WE DID THE INNER ONE AROUND YORK AND FELL OVER TWO OTHER TREASURE HUNTERS ON THE WAY ROUND
Not stressing about dieting (will definitely manage this one - I can almost guarantee it) - ABSOLUTELY MANAGED THIS ONE - WITH SO MANY BEAUTIFUL DELI'S IN YORK IT WAS EASY TO FORGET ALL ABOUT ANY IDEA OF A DIET - TODAY WILL ALSO BE A NON-DIET DAY HOWEVER TOMORROW OR PERHAPS TUESDAY WILL BE A DIFFERENT MATTER AND CARMEN I WILL BE HEADING OVER TO STALK YOU AS WE BOTH TAKE UP THE CHALLENGE AGAIN WE CAN DO THIS!
Time with my man (and we so need it) - YES MANAGED THIS - SOME DOWN TIME 
HE HAD A LOG BURNING FIRE TO PLAY WITH AT NIGHT WHICH KEPT HIM HAPPY AND WE SAT AND READ AND CHATTED AND JUST ENJOYED EACH OTHER'S COMPANY

There were other parts of the week that I want to share but will do that later - just wanted to update you on what we had managed! 

Now whilst we were away I managed to lose two followers - how the hell do I manage it whilst others gather new ones and took them under their arm like a new band of sistahs I manage to lose them and that was with three scheduled postings - I'm seriously considering blog stalking people except now they've gone I don't know who they are - be warned I can be very possessive of my followers LOL!

Right before I disappear thought I'd share this with you - it took two trips to York to find it but it was so worth while!  Adam and Eve in God's hand - found on the West doorway at York Minster - isn't it beautiful!  

Hope you are all having a beautiful and blessed Easter Weekend

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous post! I'm sooooo pleased you managed everything you wanted to. Big hugs!!
    Loving Adam and Eve - it's too long since I was in York Minster (as opposed to the shops in York!).
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely 'ticks' against your Friday list - sounds like you had a wonderful time, just what the dr ordered.

    Re your followers - they might not have gone anywhere, I think sometimes Blogger gets a little confused. In any one day I can lose 1, add one, lose one etc etc. But if you have lost some, try not to take it personally. I sometimes have to 'weed' my list of blogs that I follow, because my tastes have changes, or theirs has and I'm maybe not wanting to go in that direction. Sometimes I return to them later, maybe yours will too!

    Adam and Eve in God's hands IS beautiful.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad so many of your predictions came to fruition Virginia and York is such a beautiful plave too - this picture is stunning! Thanks for stopping by me even though i didnt link - I too was scheduling so couldnt add my link. Happy Easter Hun x ps my followers go up and down too - are you on facebook? adding your links to there may up the followers again xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your post! Sounds like you had a lovely time!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh that sculpture is gorgeous Virginia.

    I've defnitely lost a couple of followers this week - I wouldn't worry about it - yours is one of my favourite blogs, maybe they are just into different art/crafts than we are.

    Does that mean your weightloss blog is going to start again too? Yay - we CAN do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your preparations for your absence were amazing V! Were you a girl guide in a previous incarnation. Glad you had some down time to play with and all enjoyed yourselves. The Adam & Eve in God's hand is just jawdroppingly beautiful. Good luck getting back on the diet. I'm struggling with mine now ... bored with it a bit if I'm honest but I got a long way to go so I better get motivated double quick time! How?! pen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how to "Un follow". Maybe they just changed their blogs. I merged 2 blogs to make my life easier, but daren't cancel the 2nd one because it I'm scared it will look like I dumped people :S XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see you accomplished most of your list. :D Love that sculpture!

    ReplyDelete