Saturday, 19 March 2011

SATURDAY WEIRDNESS AND THE SCRAPOLOGY CHALLENGE

I tell you my life is just getting stranger, this morning I went to work again on a Saturday - what on earth is that all about - the building was empty I was the only one in - other than my hubby who turned up to sort some notice boards for me bless him!  

My life is ultra stressful at the moment, so taking it in little bite sized focused pieces to stop me throwing myself off the edge into oblivion (I've done that before not fun) is fairly essential. 
Sat and watched Comic Relief which made me laugh and cry in equal measure - such wonderful entertainment whilst constant reminders made sure we knew what we were contributing towards, rang through and gift aided a donation mid-evening and stayed up til just after midnight to watch it - even said 10 year old stayed up but he found some of the reality a little overwhelming so ended up sat cuddling on the sofa explaining why it was important to help as much as we could.  

After work popped to the chemists at the walk in clinic who once I'd described my symptoms sent me toddling down to the walk in clinic itself - so before i knew it I was sat in front of a nurse and then given a prescription - hell fire I knew I wasn't hundred percent hadn't realised I was actually quite poorly - no wonder I've been feeling off! 
Come home to wall to wall rugby which I really don't mind and dear hubby just popped out to sort some food for later.  Had a chat with sister on phone (and a good cry and a bit of a rant) then had a chat with lil bro and did the same they are such good listeners when I need and in turn hope that I am the same for them.

So that's Saturday up to now - underline the word weird!
Now for some crafting this is a challenge on the scrapology website for March, quite a difficult layout for me - hubby said it was 'busy' and it certainly was but really pleased with the finished results!
 The closer detail I had some flowers but decided to cut some out that I'd hand stamped and then popped them through an embossing folder.  I love the shop bought ones but often find them quite expensive for a small quantity so most of these are handmade - shop bought is the lime green one in the middle on the right but the navy blue and green and turquoise ones you can see are all handstamped on cardstock, hand cut and then dry embossed - happy with the results
 further photo again hand stamped flowers
 then the title is an upcycled clothing tag that I've add stamped title to - really pleased with the result.
 then the stitching detail on the layout - little punched flowers finish it off.
 A little bit of bling within the flowers and that's your lot
Hope everyone is having a great Saturday catch ya later! 

8 comments:

  1. Well I hope you start feeling better soon - poor you, struggling on. Work on Saturdays is NOT GOOD, especially when unwell.

    Love the LO, busy or not (and actually I rather like busy as well as open spaces) - the colours are gorg, and the handmade flowers are brill.

    Well done.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that layout!! ahhh scrapbookign is another thing I relly wish I was better at!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously gorgeous layout my friend x Sorry you are not so good today x Hope the visit to the Docs and some meds is all it needs for the world to feel less strange xx Hugs Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly - even though you've said, cannot tell which one os the shop bought and which is your hand stamped flowers. Fabby job Virginia - I love this.

    Glad you have a diagnosis, hopefully it means you are on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you're not too well, nothing serious I hope and that you soon get better. Love your layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout Virginia, great flowers and stitching too. Thanks for taking partin the challenge again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab LO Virginia.
    Thanks for joining in this month :)
    Linda
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a smashing page Virginia, Loving all those flowers and your hand stitching, very effective. thanks for playing along this month.
    Warmest wishes Anita..xxx

    ReplyDelete