Wednesday, 9 February 2011

SISTERS

I really shouldn't have to think about the title - but I did - wonder if I'd be better off doing the title after I've done the post - what do you think?

Anyhow I know lots of people go a wandering on a Wednesday morning so thought I'd do the same and share a layout entitled Sisters! Ah the inspiration strikes - got my title - derrrrrrrrrrr - what am I like! I won't tell you what the original title was but let's say it wasn't very inspiring!
The papers are from the Truly Madly Deeply DCWV stack, now I love these papers so much but I do struggle with what I call the "almost done" pages - you know the ones that have a board and a design and a space for your photo - I don't do cutting and sticking I do scrapbooking - so how to alter the "almost done" page so it feels like a full blown scrapbook page?  

Firstly I cut the center of the almost done page out so that I had the square bracket shape separately, then attached it to another paper in the pack!  
Die cut the photos, some cardstock and some of the paper and arranged in a group!  Used some thick ribbon on the photo as it had a yellowy background that didn't go with the pink pages! 
 Close up of the dry embossed black card (hearts of course), the frame with the title and some brads to add to the feel of the layout!
 Then Tim's mask from the set I bought around Christmas (it had pumpkins and trees etc in it and this gorgeous heart) little bit of distress ink in Victorian Velvet I think it is (I always want to say plum LOL) and then hand cut the mask out leaving some of the "outer mask" in place - to create a handcut embellishment! 

Stamped some journaling blocks and hand cut those to document the moment!
the mask was also used directly onto the paper at the bottom right of the page.
 I have to say this is one of my favourite layouts that I've done in a while (and yes there are some that I make and then growl at afterwards because they don't float my boat as it were!)

 So here is to celebrating sisters - my sister Melanie is amazing and I love her to bits - we seem to be very much in tune with each other at the moment which is great!  If you fancy meeting her, head over to her blog - her post from yesterday was truly inspiring!  Here is the link my sister Melanie

Hope you're all having a great Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fabulous LO. Great photos of the two of you and I love all your "detail" bits.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fabulous. Love the papers, will have to look out for those. Hope your having a good Wednesday too. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a lovely post and and even more lovely LO, this is gorgeous honey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky you are to have each other. Beautiful LO with lovely feelings about your sister.

    xx

    ReplyDelete