Saturday, 19 February 2011

SATURDAY MORNING CRAFTING - BE WARNED IT'S FESTIVE - WELL WE HAVE GOT SNOW!

Ooh I've just been reading all the lovely blogs that I follow and thought - well it's Saturday I could pop another post on!  Thank you to everyone that joined in Rocking Your World Friday - to be honest it makes my heart sing with joy that people give themselves the time to count their blessings once a week - it really is that therapeutic!  

So onto the crafting, for those of you who don't know me particularly well I'll give you a heads up - I'm a paper stack girl - you know the one where you get 80 matching papers all in one stack at a bargain price - and the reason?  Well basically you can blitz the pack and not go into mental melt down because it's the last piece of your favourite paper - it also means I can go through lots and lots of papers on a layout or a minibook and not get stressed!  However, occasionally I'll see a paper that I 'have to have' and sometimes those 'have to have' papers end up in the sale which means I 'have to buy them' and then because I've only got one of them I end up holding onto them for (now what is it now - two years) before I use them!  This is what happened to some gorgeous bo-bunny papers I bought (I think now two years ago) I bought - wait for it four papers (yes I know they were in the sale - why didn't I buy more etc) 


 Aren't they gorgeous you can understand why it took me two years to use them can't you?  What do you mean no!

Anyway I could just cut and make a single page - nope I'm a Yorkshire lass and we are definitely frugal when we need to be!  So this is what I did I added two more papers a shiny shaped piece and a piece of cardstock!

then I gutted the paper to create an inner and an outer piece


 did the same with the gorgeous shaped piece 



and then (by now you are thinking that i'm losing the plot - but you have to get as much as you can out of the papers don't you)





So after all this gutting what did I actually create!  this little beauty 
Documenting our first snow, Close ups of the layout, I embossed some of the cardstock with my dry embossing folder
 And discovered I had a snowflake die so cut some of those and dry embossed them too!
Then the other layout of my sister on Christmas day, I love how the layouts do actually look different, despite technically using the same papers! 
The papers spoke for themselves so just added a chipboard heart and a word that I stamped and cut and layered up! 
Promise the next layout won't be Christmas LOL!  

So has anyone else woke up to snow this morning? 


12 comments:

  1. Oh no, not more snow!

    'Beautiful' LO indeed, Virginia. Love what you did to get the most out of those gorgeous papers (and I can totally understand why it has taken you so long to use them!).

    Building more snow men today then?!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally understand why you held on to those papers. They are gorgeous! Lovely layouts you made with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful papers, & stunning layouts! I can totally understand you holding onto them for so long. I also cut bits out to make the most of the paper.

    Its just wet here in the midlands :( send some snow down please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pages Virginia, love the way you have utilised the papers to make 2 fantastic LOs. I know I shouldn't have favourites but I really like the way the base layer with the snowflakes matches the colours in the photo.
    Oh and yes it is snowing here too. The flakes are the size of 50p pieces. I was really hoping we had seen the last of the snow this year. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous LOs Virginia....I can see why it took you so long to use the papers too :) I keep umming and erring on some BoBunny so I can scrap Christmas (yep that far behing!) and I think you might have persuaded me :)

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. These LO's are beautiful but having seen them close up I can honestly say that these pictures don't do them justice, they are beyond divine! I agree being a Yorkshire lass we can be frugal but wow you take this to another level, you are beyond great at this lol. Yes living only 3 miles away from you I have the very same weather system, lol snow! Hope everyone has a great day out in blog land and now I am off to fill a skip lol don't ask! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh they are beautiful Virginia. Love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I often gut favourite papers to eek them out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm exactly like you, love bo bunny, prefer to stroke rather than cut the papers and want to make a penny do the work of tuppence. Your post is really inspirational thankyou,
    H xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. ROFL - only hanging on to them for two years? I too have papers that I can't bear to use and I admire you for going for it and making wonderful LOs! I may try to follow your example - can't promise mind as I do love a good stroke and drool!lol
    Loving your techniques for getting the most out of papers too.
    Hugs xx
    p.s. no snow down here just rain and clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous lo, I'm always cutting my papers up like that, Glad I'm not the only crazy one around here :D
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete