Friday, 18 February 2011

ROCKING MY WORLD FRIDAY AND MAGICAL MARMALADE DAY...

Some weeks are just harder than others, some are that way to remind you that when things are easy and straight forward this is because life is just being that bit easier.  This week has not been one of those weeks, it's been hard and stressful and tiring and I had Monday off - but that doesn't stop me from my little list of gratefuls!

 Firstly was day off with hubby on Monday to celebrate his birthday, we went to Sheffield for a wander without 10 year old in tow.  We went to the Peace Gardens - which were Peaceful, the Winter Gardens which were warm and dry (a stark contrast from the cold February air outside), we wandered around the galleries, had a coffee and chatted, then headed over to Graves gallery for a wander.  You know the type of place, where you can wander admire the paintings and pictures and just relax into your own brain, there is nothing nicer and yet here we are on the brink of these sorts of places being closed down because of the cuts.  Can we afford to lose such places of solace, showing great works of art?  I hope not and hope all can be done I know there are issues, I know the deficit has to be dealt with but I'm not so sure that this is the way to go and Mr Cameron's idea of a Big Society - smacks of someone thinking that the voluntary sector is free - it's not and to run a volunteering program well it has lots of people in the background making things work, abiding by rules, regulations and laws.  Anyway, I'll get back off my soapbox but you know where I'm coming from on this one!

Secondly has to be grumpy craft night on Thursday night, I mean it was seriously grumpy, I was stressed (very very), Melanie wanted to - now what was it - scream, hit something, down a bottle of whiskey (if she was drinking but she's not), kick something, stab something - thankfully she settled for an art journal page entitled ROAR!  Mum wasn't grumpy or stressed but she did have a headache - what she did provide however, was a great evening making us giggle albeit not intentionally!  I mean we couldn't help but laugh when she came out with her one-liners!
Initially it was "Ginnie do you think the papers look better this way or this way?" - which became a constant, Melanie said what she was actually saying was "help me help me" lol! 

Later on she declared 
"Why doesn't my phone like sardines?"

 I'm not sure I know how to answer that - does anyone else!

Followed later by 
"Open the door, I've got no arms!" 
classic I tell

We also had a big debate over Whit Sunday and Whitsuntide which by the time we'd done we decided should be renamed Magical Marmalade day.
Anyway we sat and giggled and chatted and eventually Melanie and Co went home a little smilier than when they arrived and the headaches had all magically disappeared!

Next is Valentine's cards that made me cry (in a good way) and red roses bought with love

Marks and Spencers valentines dinner for two with non-alcoholic beverage - simply genius!
Weight Watchers system feeling cleaner and healthier in myself (apart from the M&S meal above which made me feel a little toxic but was nice anyway)!

La Tasca for lunchtime tapas (2 for £12) fingers crossed it doesn't hit the weight watching too much this week! 

Diaries for keeping my sanity in place 
And finally this little website which provides one minute meditations and believe you and me when you're as stressed out as I am at the minute - and only have a minute to spare these really really work!


Right on with the crafting, I was really pleased with this one once it was finished.  Photos taken in the Train Station at Weymss Bay I just love the architecture in there simply beautiful!

 If you are joining us with your Rocking Your World posts, leave a comment and where to come and find you so we can come and visit, if you don't have a blog you can always leave your gratefuls in the comments and if you don't have any gratefuls dig a bit deeper - they are there - you just need to look!

12 comments:

  1. Sorry you've had such a stressful week, but pleased you still found your gratefuls. Your family crafting sessions sound like fun and as for Monday's day out - perfect and peaceful.
    Hugs xx
    p.s. love the LO . Will be back when my list is done - just pondering it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi virginia!

    Sounds like you had a lovely day on monday! I haven't walked around sheffield since I was about 8!!

    You can always count on Mums for a good giggle, I think my favourite of my mums is when she said:

    "Imagine life without onions..." and also,
    "I can't say Lilly, it's got too many "L's" in it, like tax disc.."

    Love your LO as always!! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    http://lillie-rose1302.blogspot.com/2011/02/rocking-your-world-friday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virginia, I just love reading your blog, your Friday posts are fab. Love the LO too
    Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monday sounds like a very special day. We had the M+S meal for 2 as well - so delicious and with no effort apart from tearing open the packets and opening the bottle! Your Mum is funny isn't she? "I've got no arms" made me laugh! Superb LO too - brilliant placement of those 2 photos, they seem to merge into one another.

    Have a great weekend and I hope next week is stress free for you.

    My list is here

    http://fiddlesnips.blogspot.com/2011/02/whats-rocking-my-world-this-friday_18.html

    Thank you!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just to let you know Claire who signed in above actually joined in this week - so go visit her blog! http://scrappymess.blogspot.com/2011/02/two-in-one-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine is up on my blog:
    http://scrapbooksusie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh and another one - Janet has returned to Rocking your World Friday http://thisandthatwithclarkyj.blogspot.com/2011/02/its-been-while.html

    visit her and say hi if you get chance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mrs Rocker... sorry to hear you've had a bit of a stressful time lately but glad to see you rise above it as always and find the things to be grateful for :)
    Love the LO too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Must be something in the air as bad weeks seem to be doing the rounds, hope things calm down soon. Your Mum made me seriously laugh out loud - you've got to do a mini book of her one liners :D Love your LO too.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo, dont get me started on politics! Because of budget cuts a group that was going to be started that would have helped with my eldests medical condition, among many other children, has been scrapped leaving no similar help for them at all.

    Heres mine :-)
    http://kscraftycorner.blogspot.com/2011/02/rocking-my-world-friday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thought I had commented on this Virginia, obviously not!

    Glad to see Melanie didn't succumb to the dreaded drink even with the mood she was in, Yay, GO MELANIE!

    Glad you all cheered each other up. And love your Mum - tell her to get blogging again, I miss her journal pages!

    http://whoopidooings.blogspot.com/2011/02/rocking-my-world-friday-friday-fab-five.html

    ReplyDelete