Tuesday, 22 February 2011

FEELING MIGHTY DELICATE SO FOR NOW JUST SOME CRAFTING

Been through the mill the last few days feeling mighty delicate and sad at the moment so just going to share a little crafting if that's OK.

 This one entitled Poppies proved testing, until I found a stamp that I thought could be converted into a poppy type emblem on the page, you probably can't see it from the photo but the picture of the cornfield had little red poppies dotted around it which was gorgeous.  I really can't wait for some summery days so me, hubby and little one can head out for some fun family days.
 a close up of the title and the make shift poppy
 and the stitching I put along the bottom a double row of straight stitch with a thread running through it! 
Yet again using up some old basic grey paper from what I think was called the Dasher series, just goes to show adding a few poppies can turn a Christmas paper into a versatile summer paper!  

Planning on going out with my little one today for a few hours quality time, we've not managed that up to now and I'm hoping for some craft time later because I didn't manage any yesterday.  Hope everyone is having a great day.  If you pop along and get to this point don't forget to say hi.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful page Virginia and I really love the stitching.
    Sending lots of hugs xx
    Enjoy your day today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your feeling down ,have a big hug from me.
    Your crafting poppies is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting out in the fresh air will give you the break you need maybe - blow the cobwebs away? Love your layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A 'hi' from me too. Sorry you're not feeling right. Love the way you have changed the use of the christmas paper, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better soon... love your poppy page!
    Hugs
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are OK Virginia? Am only at the end of an email if ever you want to rant or just talk.

    I've always admired your sewing on LO's but having now seen it close up (R.I.P CJ) I can only say WOWZA - it really does need to be seen to be appreciated - your albums must be astounding to look through. It's such a touchable, strokable element you add.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout, as always, you are too talented woman!!! Hope you feel better soon...
    Love Fi x x x x

    ReplyDelete