Tuesday, 1 February 2011

CHRISTMAS PAPERS DON'T HAVE TO BE JUST FOR CHRISTMAS

One of my pledges this year (I didn't make resolutions) is to blog regularly - so here I am - did you miss me? Did you? What do you mean no - LOL!

Anyway a very quick Wednesday post before my poor eyes give out completely - they've spent 8 hours looking at one of these flickering VDU screens so have to be quick! 

I spent quite some time doing this layout, using some very old basic grey papers I'd got which were technically called Dasher (if my memory serves me) primarily because they were Christmas papers - but I love Christmas papers that turn out to be just that little bit versatile!  On this layout I literally sat cutting the larger flowers out which was most fun, glossy accents and journaling along the leaves, some stitching (well you have to don't you) and a hand cut frame - hard work but worth the effort because I'm really pleased with the finished results!  Managed to use a few brads up in the layout too so using up old supplies
stamped the title, used glitter pens to colour in and then glossy accents to finish 
then the stitching led to some more stamping
 and finally the handcut flower highlighted with glossy accents and a brad!
 Hope everyone is having a good evening, I've read a few blogs tonight where life is throwing the odd curve ball at people and so just to let you know that you're in my thoughts! If you happen to pop by say hello!

 

4 comments:

  1. Well of course we have missed you!!!!!!!! Love the use of the Dasher papers, they have worked well in the lovely layout. Hey and did you EVER do the adent calendar? Ha ha ha, told you they were a lot of work. Great to have you back visiting my blog too, thans for such a lovely comment! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Wednesday post on a Tuesday, using Christmas paper in February.......

    Fab LO!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the LO! Those papers are so versatile and all that stitching and glossing..wonderful.
    I've spent the evening doing a Steampunk tag...still not too confident with the "messy" stuff but I'll get there.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The papers look like they were made for this photo. It looks like they are on a tropical island in the beautiful tropical forest. Have a good week Virginia. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete