Monday, 17 January 2011

CRAFTY MONDAY

Good evening bloggers how do I find you this fair evening - well I think it's fair - fairly mild, fairly dry - yeah definitely fair! 

Thought I'd do a brief Monday post because I can, had a positive day managed to lose some weight - woo hoo - have to see my other blog for the details yes I've finally succumbed to using my other blog again - let's hope it's more permanent than the last few attempts at losing weight LOL!  
Just thought I'd share another double page layout with you again from Beatrix Potter world in Bowness this time documenting the gorgeous bronze statue in the garden.  I was so pleased because I finally managed to use a 'free' stamp I got with a magazine ages ago of Jemima Puddleduck never thought that would happen!
 the other page 
 I'm loving the double pages at the moment, they are such fun to do I'm also enjoying my nestability dies that I bought recently - hadn't realised just how versatile they actually were!  

I was asked an interesting question yesterday - when buying a Big Shot - if you were to buy three versatile dies for it what would they be?  Mmmmm what do you think?
 

10 comments:

  1. Love the LO and that little stamp is cute. Can't answer your Big Shot question - I'm a Cuttlebug girl!
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jemima P! Sweet LO.

    And I'm not the one to ask about Big Shot stuff, I haven't got anything like that although would love Tim Holtz new Vagabond machine coming out this Spring, just rather too many ££££££££'s :0(

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm I love my dies that I have, they all seem to be versatile......labels are good, and standard circle and scalloped circle for matting and layering???? I have even cut photos with my nesties :)

    fabulous dlo there too, well done on using the stamp

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm cuttlebug too - great LO, I love the dies. I only have the scalloped squares but I definately NEED more, not until I have busted some of my stash though! I AM being good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layouts Virginia. Congrats on the weight loss. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh lovely...i really like how you've used the nestie shapes and the colours are super!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Virginia, thought I would stop by and mention that you had won my blog candy I did put a post on my blog!!!

    Great layout and love your use of nestabilities dies. I LOVE my BIG SHOT too, my cuttlebug is still in it's box, LOL! Tim Holtz tattered florals is sooo versatile, an alphabet set and nestabilities would be my three choices!
    HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely double LO, looks like a great trip out. I like the way you have used your nesties - I just got some - one set, but I am inspired to have a play and see how often I can use them in my LOs then I will just have to buy some more :D. I have a bug...versatile dies - I think I am with Kim - definately tattered florals that is gorgeous and you can make all sorts with it and cut most things, definately an alpha - Tim has some nice smaller alpha strip dies too which work for cards and LOs and I guess nesties are the best for basic shapes.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on the weight loss, I just can't get started :-( I know I need some willpower. I love nesties too they are great. My 3 Big shot dies would be tags, flower with several layers and flourish especially if you are a scrapbooker. Hugs Lynne x

    ReplyDelete