Saturday, 1 January 2011

A BLANK CANVAS KNOWN AS 2011

That is what you have in front of you a blank canvas a beautiful clean sheet, you've turned the page and it's all pristine and beautiful and perfect, you could choose to stroke the page for a while as if it was beautiful new scrapbook paper - but wouldn't that simply be a waste of your beautiful life.  You could choose to let the ink and paint from last year dribble over and start to spread along your canvas and if that ink and paint is filled with joy and happiness then carry on - but if it's not use a piece of blotting paper and take up the residue don't allow anything to spoil your clean new sheet.  

Now let's be sensible this page will get messy, it will end up with footprints being walked over it, there will be days when the water pot gets tipped over and it makes a mess, there will be times when you glue your elbow to the page and you have to prize it gently off the surface, there will be occasions when the paper will feel thin and fragile - but that is all to come and when it does you can deal with it - but at this moment what you actually have is a blank canvas on which to paint your life!
What will 2011 bring?  What do you want from life this year?  Do you want family time? Do you want to make amazing memories?  Do you want to take stock a little?  Work hard?  Play hard?  Do you want to reach for the stars?  Do you want to go back to learning?  Set up a new business?  Work less?  Have fun?  Whatever you want is achievable if you take each day at a time, don't expect things to be perfect, life is for living and it isn't perfect!  Just take time to enjoy the little things and acknowledge them along the way!  

I'll still be "Rocking my World" this year each week - join in it's fun - and if you don't have time to do a blog post just take ten minutes out of your week to have a cuppa and think about what you have to be grateful for that week - it makes your heart happy!  

I have so many things I want to do and challenges I have set - but for now, I'm going to enjoy my big blank canvas and I'm going to take each day as it comes. 

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Virginia! I enjoyed reading this post :) A new canvas - the decision I've made is that I'm going to have fun painting my new year - more laughter in my life is what I need, so I'm going to try to make it happen. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant brilliant writing, Virginia! So very true. I'm determined not to let the sludge of last year ooze onto my new blank canvas. I'm starting 2011 with bright, fresh colours.

    Wishing you bright fresh colours in 2011 too.

    Jo
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very wise words Virginia.
    Happy New Year and may we all enjoy our balnk canvases,
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very inspirational piece of writing Virginia, this year my canvas is going to look alot different to last years, more positive thoughts and doing instead of wanting to do. Thanks for your ~Rocking Your World Friday~ I always read it (don't usually comment though, don't know why ???) they always make me think of the positives in my life too. Hope you and yours had a fantastic Christmas and have a Beautiful 2011, with not too many sticky arms and spilt water. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant post Virginia. Absolutely brilliant - you should do that as a sign somewhere or a piece of art... in fact with your permission I am printing this off for whenever i get my stress head on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I have come to your blog via Jo's blog.
    Wow, what a wonderful uplifting post, I am now going to enjoy my blank canvas and going to take each day as it comes. :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete