Friday, 31 December 2010

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY

Good Morning Rockers and Rockettes how are you all this morning?

Well the question is did he arrive at your house?  Did he?  Did he bring lots of presents?  Did you get woken at a ridiculous time or wasn't it too bad?  Have you survived the food gorging - from turkey to Christmas pud?

Rocking my World this week in no particular order is my ten year old - he stayed in bed until 7am before waking us on Christmas morning and took a record 33 minutes to open all his presents LOL!  He was so giddy on Christmas Eve he had us in stitches honestly such a little star!  And he seemed happy with his lot on Christmas day which is always a bonus!
Then there was the time on Christmas morning when everything was prepared and there was nothing to do (I kid you not) we'd opened presents, showered and were waiting to commence the cooking - it was such a precious time for us as a family and me and hubby had an hour of peace and quiet just absorbing the day simply magical!

Then there was my family on Christmas day - we were a few short this year and it felt mighty different as a result but we all had a lovely day nonetheless - we managed yet another gingerbread challenge this year - here they all are being very quiet whilst preparing their houses
They all seemed to enjoy themselves - look at my Mum concentrating - she did a miniature clock tower with jelly baby gargoyles - I kid you not!
Then John looking a little the worse for wear following his night out on Christmas Eve - made this beautiful heart house!
A close up of the heart!

Then there was my gorgeous sister - how amazing does she look!  Last year I took hundreds of photos trying to get one that she actually liked - this year I took about half a dozen and she looked amazing on all of them! 
 
So Christmas day went without a hitch - amazing stuff so I'm grateful for that.

I'm also grateful for the gingerbread tower not falling over just yet - I mean it has a serious tilt on - think we must have had rogue builders in this year LOL!  This is what it looked like with it's town around it on Christmas day!
And it had already got a lean on but now it's really tilted - not sure how much longer it will hold on!  Think it will be the last gingerbread challenge we do - it has been awesome over the last three years but the baking challenge when everything else is so fraught before Christmas is simply crazy so this may be the end of an era!  We'll see!

So there you go another Rocking your World and the final one of the year!  I can't leave you without a bit of crafting but this time with a twist - this is some of the cups my little lad did before Christmas for family how amazing are they! 
May I take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy New Year - hope it's a good one and I'll see you in 2011!  If you are joining in put your link below I'm a bit late putting mine on this morning I know Susie has already posted so here's her link

4 comments:

  1. A lovely list of gratefuls and some heart warming photos - what a fab idea the gingerbread challenge is!
    Wishing you all the very best for the New Year.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those cups - I bet they went down well.

    I saw your sisters piccies on FB and wanted to comment how fab she looked but didn't because she doesn't know me and all that but she looks amazing! Oh how I would love to have legs like that!

    Am glad your Christmas was amazing Virginia :) I bet the gingerbread makes an appearance again next year ;)

    Happy New Year!

    p.s thank you for my gorgeous card - it came this morning!

    p.p.s I haven't forgotten your birthday pressie and believe it or not yours is not the latest I've been - nearly a year late with my sisters once :P Duckie has been on my mind and you will def receive him before 2011's birthday :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oopsie - linky here :) http://whoopidooings.blogspot.com/2010/12/nearly-2011rocking-my-world-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the look of concentration on those little faces! Those gingerbread houses are fab! I love your sisters hair - very elfin and very cool.

    My 2010 Rocking Round-up is here and amazingly, it's on the right day........ maybe that could be my New Years resolution, NAH!

    http://fiddlesnips.blogspot.com/2010/12/whats-rocking-my-world-2010.html

    Wishing you and yours a very happy New Year, Virginia.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete