Thursday, 2 December 2010

JOURNAL YOUR CHRISTMAS DAY TWO!

So here we on 2nd December and the snow - well it's still here, it's a little messier than yesterday, it's definitely thicker than yesterday, it's as cold as yesterday and I'm still at home like yesterday - little crazy this world at the moment! 

Anyway, time to share layout for day two, the benefits of a pre-prepared album for me are huge, I know some people like to go from scratch each day but I really like the pulled together album that's been prepared, dear hubby bought me some scrapbook papers last year by DCWV and I love them as they have rich red tones and opulent greens mixed with creams and beiges to give quite an oldy world affect! 

So the double layout - sorry it's not exactly in focus grrr - it looked OK at first! 
Close ups which seem to be a bit clearer if I'm honest!  I've included the photo of our local church which was all lit up last night as we ventured out!  And demonstrates the lovely weather we're having!
 The other side using quite a lot of 'white' space, which I'm never really good at but taking the second prompt from yesterday as my main source of inspiration on the grid lines and well it does kind of work!  Dug the letters out which are on an old sheet of Basic Grey - Dasher I think they're called, then hit them with some ink and mask and a black pen!  Well couldn't leave them plain now could I! 
 So I'm on course up to now, wondering how to use the great digital downloads from the class this year!  Still having a ponder! 

If you pop by say hello!  

5 comments:

  1. Great LO! We have only a sprinkling of snow but it's very cold and icy.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello gorgeous woman...the one good thing about this snow is the time its giving us to create! A pretty wonderland, but so unpractical!
    I like your thinking on the prepared book for JYC - I can see that it gives continuity so I can agree with you there! x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts, love the papers. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on course with your Christmas Journal! We've got loads of snow down here in Kent so I'm snow bound too - great for crafting time (and a little bit of ironing, just to show willing!).

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful journal already Virginia.

    ReplyDelete