Yes you heard right, I've fought and battled but finally the first tin has been wrestled into submission! And here is the first one finished
And yet again I seem to be following my 'avatar' inspired painting at the minute
Just to remind you it started out as
I then started with glue and tried sticking some 'unwanted' scrapbook papers on it, but I didn't like them once I'd done that, so I tried to paint over it with dark purple paint - but I didn't like that either - but I stuck with it and repainted it again got hubby to cut me some tags so then I ended up with this and yes that is it's unfinished twin on the right!
Then for adding photos to the tags, I've chosen to used the detailed shots from Chatsworth to go with the altered book I did on this mornings post!
I used the blue awning papers from K & Company to bring the outside together, and hand painted the writing in white and finished with some distress inks to tone it down a little.
A little bit of white faux stitching and eyelets and stitching through some of the tags, finished with a book ring and some more organza ribbon
I'm so pleased with the finished project
The next challenge will be to make the other tin look different even though it's a similar colour - now there's a challenge!
Thought I'd put this on just to prove you sometimes just need to persevere to make something come good!