Monday, 31 May 2010

BLOG AWARD TEE HEE

1 Express gratitude to the blogger who bestowed the award unto you... Copious,grovelling …I am not worthy… gratitudes  - ok, here goes. Kay thank you so much for sending me this blog award - I love your beautiful art work - I love the metal work and wall hangings and well everything that you make and I love your craft space - so much going on!

2 Display the picture on your blog proudly.


3 Be nice and provide a link to the person who gave it to you.
Ok, http://makingthingsfromstuff.blogspot.com/ is the blog by Kay

4 Tell at least six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth, or switch it around and tell at least six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie. I'm not telling which is which :)

So here are my lies and/or truths:

  1. I made a quilt for a single bed whilst studying my GCSE needlework that was patchworked on the back and a view out into a garden on the front using all the techniques I learnt and I still have it!
  2. I learnt to touch type at the age of 10 and took my first typing exam at 14
  3. I have ghost written four best selling novels
  4. I learnt that I was going to have a baby sister during a conversation with my Mum about how embarrassing it would be to get your toe stuck up a bathroom tap and have to have the fire brigade come and remove it for you!
  5. My Dad named me after a librarian he had a crush on when he was in secondary school and never told my Mum!
  6. I declared at the age of 17 that I'd had enough of men and didn't want to have anything to do with them ever again and met my future husband later that night - we've been together twenty years this year.
  7. Today we went geo-caching and after not finding any of them I sat under a tree and ate a pork pie!
  8. When I was younger the house we lived in was so cold that we'd go to the greenhouse with its little stove for a warm!
5 Nominate seven creative writers who might be into doing this.

6 Post links to the seven blogs you nominate (see above) and let the owners of those blogs know.

Now can you spot the truths and can you tell the lies?  MMMMMmmmmm

5 comments:

  1. ROFL. I don't care which are lies - you've made me smile!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh Virginia they all seem so plausible! You must be either really honest or a brilliant liar! I really want to believe that you've done number 3! That would be so cool!

    Thank you for nominating me - though how I beat your post I don't know *g*

    Just spotted your linkies on the side - I've missed so many of your posts. Better get the kettle on methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heheheheh! Now which do I believe???? Gotta say, I hope your Mum's not reading no.5! x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I have not been over before, my feet have not touched the ground this week!! Thank you for the blog award and for thinking of me. Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did my lies or did I tell the truth! Hmmm can you guess which is which? Clue - Julia is wrong in her comment! ;)

    ReplyDelete