Friday, 13 November 2009

'THE MAIDEN' LAYOUT

Well this is mighty strange - me posting a single 12 x 12 layout however, I'm really pleased with this one. I used some K & Company papers which I then stamped and coloured in on the edges. The photo was taken whilst on holiday, she was hidden amongst plants in a car park believe it or not and I think she's beautiful, hence a whole page dedicated to the same!

The swirl at the bottom was handcut from K & Company papers, the papers were double sided and the shape was actually on the page, but the colours didn't match the paper or the photos, so once cut out I turned it around and Hey - it works!
Well it's Friday - hurray! I went to work this morning for two hours and came home six hours later! Hey ho, in tray creaking less than it was! Still feeling run down and lack of energy is starting to do me in - well it would if I had the energy to get stroppy about it but I'm off to a project class tonight which means crafting which I love! Hope it's a good night - there's going to be 16 of us - so it'll be busy!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely layout, and the handcut swirl looks a treat. I too think the statue is beautiful. Hope that you feel refreshed after your night of crafting. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She certainly is lovely. Shame she was hidden away like that and well done you for finding her. Hope you had fun last night and that you get your energy back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Virginia
    Your LO is lovely... I think you made great choices with the background paper - it brings out that alabaster like quality of the maiden and that handcut swirl is fab!
    Glad you're picking up... x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous thing to find in a carpark. You've done her proud I love that swirl. Hope you start to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete