Saturday, 10 October 2009

WHEN ART JOURNALING STARTS TO AFFECT YOUR SCRAPPING!!!!

Well having spent some serious time away from blog land recently, two posts in two days - I'm on a roll (ha ha ha). Now here is a layout I did yesterday...


Usually when I scrap I gather cardstock and papers, embellishments and photos and start ripping and tearing, inking and stitching and using vast quantities of paper and cardstock to boot. This page was going to be no different - or so I thought - you see the thing is I've recently started art journaling and well before I knew it I'd set to with paint on the photo - I know what was I thinking - but well there was a carrier bag in the photo and lots of debris and well white acrylic seemed a good idea, corner rounded photos and a piece of yellow cardstock. The cardstock didn't stay plain for long, Tim Holtz stamps at the ready a bit of distress ink, blonde moments stamp around the edges, additional bits of card to create more checker board, black pen, silver pen and some die cut letters and there is was done! It took about 20 minutes to do in total and after I'd finished I set off laughing - it reminds me of my journal pages, ink, paint, image, title and journaling - maybe it'll be a whole new style of scrapping and only one sheet of cardstock used (the pile of patterned papers sat to one side looking forlorn) and a small piece of scrap black cardstock!

The story behind the title Happy Birthday Eve? Well my birthday is the day before my sons (went into labour on my birthday!). Last Christmas he asked what we meant by Christmas Eve and once I'd explained he said - ooh well Mum that means your birthday is my Birthday Eve and well it kind of stuck, particularly this year when my birthday fell at the weekend and his didn't!

5 comments:

  1. Think of all the money you'll save scrapping this way! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fab!!!! I love the way you have used the white paint to hide the part of the photo you didn't want seen :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha , told yu it would take transform your whole life...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fab. very eyecatching.
    x

    ReplyDelete