Sunday, 11 October 2009

MY FIRST ART JOURNAL BOOK

My first art journal, A4 in size, I did the cover first a while ago - this was before I started to 'get' art journaling. It verges on my scrapbook obsession, but I still love it. I love these papers they are my favourite collection of all time and I always struggle to actually bring myself to use them!

I ripped the papers into pieces, adhered them to the book amongst torn book pages, which I then painted a similar colour. I asked my other half to cut a hand drawn tribal heart from thin chipboard for me which I then inked with black soot distress inks, set eyelets and threaded the ribbon through. The hinges are Tim Holtz grungeboard, a little stamping around the edges and some xmas red stickles to really set it off!

I love the tribal heart on the back this was part of the original paper and it is gorgeous!

6 comments:

  1. wow,this is stunning!!!
    Love the heart too ;D
    J xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that took ages! It looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Passion seems the right word for this book. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great cover ... love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative Virginia! gorgeous tribal heart and the stickles adds a bit of bling!

    ReplyDelete