Wednesday, 14 October 2009

FIRST PAGE OF A3 ART JOURNAL!!!!

Well here it is the first page of my A3 art journal. This was one I did after I'd done pages 2 and 3. Primarily started with a large cut out from a magazine of a coffee jar on a black page and then I kept looking at it and thinking - what on earth am I going to do with that!!!!! It even had the coffee jar's name in the middle of the jar and the more I looked at it the worse it seemed to get.

Then my hubby said - it's a shame you haven't got a fairy stamp - you could put a green fairy in the middle of the jar! And that was the only encouragement I needed I loved the green fairy in Moulin Rouge played by Kylie and the fact that it's also another name for Absinthe! So once I'd got my green fairy I set to with gold and green paint and a shiny silver pen! And soon enough it was all done!! Why had it taken so long? A close up of my green fairy - isn't she gorgeous, the paper used was a matted magazine photo of a piece of Malachite stone which has other meaning for me!

5 comments:

  1. What a great start to the journal. It will be a mammoth task, but looking at the first page will be well worth it! Looking forward to seeing more as it's completed.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work ... really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic page Virginia, you've really got into this journalling lark, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this loooks fab!!! love the fairy :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - look fantastic love the fairy.

    ReplyDelete