Friday, 9 October 2009

BLONDE MOMENT INSPIRED CHRISTMAS GIFTS - I'M ON A ROLL

Well I can't believe how long it is since I last put something on my blog - sorry!!!! The problem is that I've got into art journalling and well it's kind of private - some of it isn't but most of it is - so I'm in a dilemma - to share or not to share LOL!

Anyway as you can see these little beauties are not art journaling - they are however teacher and teaching assistant gifts for my son to take in at Christmas - don't you love those papers!! Some of you may be wondering why so many - explanation - my son attends both after school club and breakfast club - so many many gifts to make!

I bought the papers from Dyan of Art from the Heart fame http://www.afth.co.uk/ when I went to the Great Northern Papercraft show in September. The papers are an absolute delight to use and lend themselves to the colour yellow - which I discovered in amongst my stash I have rather a large quantity of! Woo - hoo - so not only using gorgeous papers but also using up cardstock that I obviously don't use a lot of! Apologies for the reflection, the front of the book has a 6" x 4" frame attached - hence the reflection.

Close ups - added xmas red stickles and glossy accents.

The present makes you feel so Christmassy - it's like tinsel!

I love all the images amongst the papers!

This one's my favourite - little red xmas stickles to his hat!

Cute robin!

Santa's boots

The inside of the book is paper on the inside covers and then a concertina with pockets attached, the tags are all made with matching papers!

Even when supplies were starting to run low - a little bit of distressing and before you know it you've managed to cover the inside page! I actually think this looks even better than just one paper!

Loving the trees and the Baubles!

Then what to do with the leftovers? I bought some cheap gift bags (3 for a £1) and used a blonde moments stamp with stazon and then attached the little left over papers, corner rounded with added stickles and glossy accents. Going to cut the teacher's names out with my big shot to attach to the front of the bag and ta-da - all done! For the bargain price of wait for it - wait for it £2.96 excluding yellow cardstock (of which I already had ample supplies) - so not only handcrafted gifts but on a budget as well. The downside - well they are so addictive I'm wondering who else to give one to for Christmas - well it's a way of using up yellow cardstock and means I can buy more of the papers tee hee.

Gold gift bag this time

Promise to try and be a better blogger! Thanks for looking - if you like what you see leave me a message!

9 comments:

  1. Oooo these are gorgeous :D love the frames on the front of the books - cool idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cor well done you, what a great idea..and a lot of work; am sure the staff will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Done you ... they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Virginia! I know you've had stuff to deal with but its great to see you back in blog land!
    Just love your teacher gifts, the papers are fab aren't they? Well done with the gift bags too...just the kind of tip we need in these recession times.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Virginia, well done, I'm sure they will be loved and treasured. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just come across your blog! These books are fab! Can I ask how you made the frame book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea, they look really great and def worth more than £3. xx

    ReplyDelete