Wednesday, 23 September 2009

A LITTLE GIFT FOR MY COUSIN

Sometimes you are given the opportunity to say a big thank you to someone who goes that extra length. During the summer holidays we went away for a couple of weeks to Menorca, during that time my Granddad passed away. The sorrow and disbelief I've felt since then have been enormous and because he passed away at the beginning of our holiday I wasn't present for the funeral. It was so hard to put it away in a box for the two weeks, but I didn't want to spoil the holiday for other half and son, so put it away I did, but now I'm finding it particularly difficult to find closure on it, to find some way of me saying good bye that feels real and tangible. My only lifeline when I was on holiday strangely enough was facebook and on the morning of the funeral when I was feeling very low and sad I managed to speak online to my cousin Gemma and I asked Gemma to give my Mum the hug that I couldn't and Gemma promised she would. True to her word she did which meant I was there in spirit with my family even if I couldn't be there physically. So when I came home I wanted to send a little gift, something that she and her partner Rachel could enjoy, so I asked for her favourite colour and put together a mini book based on the one generated by Voodoo Vixen.

I used all sorts of 'red' papers from burgundy, to reddy-orange, to pillar box red and have to say that this is one of my favourite books to put together!

With a little bit of stamping, and extra pockets

More stamping this time with a Swallow stamp which has a particular family meaning.

The book was a pleasure to do

Finished the last pocket was some new blonde moment stamps

I love the way it pulls out to show all the pockets!

And all the tags!

I was really pleased with the result

Sometimes in life it's good to just be able to say 'thank you'

5 comments:

  1. This is a beauty of a book ... you did an absolutely fabulous job ... I love everything about it!

    You don't know me but I am sending you a big hug today! I hope you find closure X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous, am sure Gemma will be thrilled. And I'm sure it was a catahrtic process for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fab version, love the colours, very bold and rich looking. I am so sorry about your Grandad, I hope you find solace in scrapping his life when you are able.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Virginia, it's gorgeous and the colours are scrumptious! A lovely gift and I'm sure your cousin will appreciate it.
    Big hug x

    ReplyDelete