Wednesday, 29 July 2009

LITTLE MAN'S TRAVEL JOURNAL!

Well as promised the other travel journal I've prepared in advance of our holiday, this one is based on a folded paper bag book, with hard covers and bound with my trusty BIA on 1 1/4" wires which means we can add plenty to the book and it should still close!

My little one's only request is that it be blue and turquoise, I've used an inking brayer inside with some Tim Holtz distress inks to take the card stock from plain to unique! Then added strips of an old pack of papermania paper -think this is the first paper pack that my other half bought me and i've still got bits of it left although supplies are now getting officially thin!

Inside there is a single sheet of card and then you turn over to the folded paper bag, with card stock on the outer covers and a tag inside, I've opened up both ends of the paper bag book so it takes twice as many tags, I've used three paper bags in total!

The little embellishments are out of a pack I've had forever and never thought I'd use they were in a travel pack of papers I bought, it's amazing how by cutting them, inking them and popping them on the page they really make a difference!

I'm really pleased with the front page, I wanted it to look slightly grungier and make it look like the stamped parts of passports where the ink is never quite the same, overall really pleased with it - although he refuses to let me put ribbon on the wire! I'll take away a writing pad, let him write up on that and then stick with DST that I'll take with me, we'll probably add some postcards as well!





7 comments:

  1. A great reasult - your 'customer' should be very satisfied!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab travel journal. Love the pink box and cards in the post below too.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Ginny, I can believe your supplies must be running low! you are quicker than Jack Flash at producing these babies! This looks great and I'm sure Malakite(spelt right?) will enjoy filling it - inspirational to use paper bags - they will hold more!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brillant!!! I'm sure your DS will be very happy with this Journal. I would!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's fab, am sure it will be cramed full. And of course, really adds to the sense of excitement for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous book. Great colours, great everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab journal, bet your DS is very pleased.
    xx

    ReplyDelete