Saturday, 25 July 2009

I LOVE HOW DESIGNS EVOLVE - DON'T YOU?

Well my statistics show that I've only done two postings in July, now I grant you that they were massive postings but two! - weekend to catch up me thinks! Feeling quite reflective at the moment, not sure why - get like that sometimes - then I look for a bit of inspiration in the world around me. I've a couple of inspiring blogs that I follow that always lift my spirits and I love to look out for life's little prods - you know the ones - they arrive in front of you and you knew they'd be there to teach you little lessons in life. We seem to run full tilt all the time from one day to the next, from one week to the next - never quite grasping the need to slow down and chill out. A school friend asked on facebook the other day how to feel less 'middle-aged' and most of the answers were alcohol related which made me giggle but then got me thinking - how do we feel less stressed out, how do you take life slower, how do we stop ourselves growing up! So I stopped just for the day, to notice the little things, the blue skies above (between the grey rain clouds) I watched the enjoyment in my 8 year old to explore an interactive museum, I watched giant lady bugs on a huge screen and was amazed and that little tiny lives that go on round us, I witnessed a new structure in the local city and was impressed, I wandered a foreign market and listened to the chatter, I saw a lady with an umbrella sing to all those around - why because she can! I met my hubby for lunch and had a coffee. I came home and scrapped, yesterday was a good day!

Now for the scrapping - not sure if it's just me but I love to take designs and alter them to fit a new requirement, the book below is based on Voodoo Vixen's organiser (Annette) http://scraphappenshere.blogspot.com/2009/06/instructions-for-organiser.html which was a fantastic project. However, the first time I made it I knew I wouldn't get the full use of the notebook so changed mine to a mini book! This time I'm dealing with loads of landscape photos and to do them justice I really needed to spin the book around. It took some thought to get my head around it - but hey it worked. So front cover

Inside cover showing the blank minibook, I love the pink, black and white colour combination!

Right hand side of the book consists of pockets, with two pull out tags and two tags in the front pocket.

The minibook in all its detail - forgive the BIA offcuts and pedometer in the picture LOL - it was very late at night that i finished it!

The whole book

Off for a bit of blopping now before I start my day!

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! so many details!
    I agree that sometimes we forget to apreciate the little things in life but I have to say that your pep-talk give me the desire to go out and enjoy the day while it's not raining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, your post made me think too........ One of my favourite quotes is, 'take time to enjoy the simple things in life'.
    Lovely book, and I love the word 'blopping'!!!!! Might blop soon myself lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing Virginia, the version you used as inspiration actually started out life as a Mother's Day card.... so from little acorns.... etc!! ;)
    Love the landscape version, very practical and a great way to be able to use loads of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely - the papers are so nice.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely book!

    You are so right about slowing down and appreciating the things around us. Your post is a timely reminder to myself that I need to do more of that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book is an amazing take on Annette's, and look s FAB in that colour way. Love it. And as for the middle age problem? I no longer believe in stress. Have to say that 98% of the time, refusing to let it get at me has soooo paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is just stunning!

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete