Monday, 8 June 2009

VOODOO VIXEN'S ORGANIZER - NOW A MINI BOOK

Well after a busy weekend (scrapping wise anyway), I was left yesterday with no ongoing projects! I spent some time trawling through a lever arch file I have containing lots of different instructions that I've downloaded over a period of time, I just didn't know what to do, with the end of the school year looming I'm still trying to come up with teacher's gifts.

On Voodoo Vixen's blog (Annette) when I was blopping via UK Scrappers recently, I came across some instructions for a gorgeous organiser she had made http://scraphappenshere.blogspot.com/ and so decided to have a go. I made the book using Blue Awning - K & Company paper - a pad of which I've had for quite some time but only stroked LOL. The instructions were great, except I think the spine piece should be 10" long not 9" to ensure you get enough places to put 4 envelopes, mine with the 9" only managed 3 of the envelopes but overall was still effective. I also changed mine from an organizer to a mini book!

When you open the book, you have a BIA minibook on the left and an envelope on the right, with a pocket at the front with two tags in. I've stamped the tags with both brown and blue ink (I love my blue roses) and used complimentary brown ribbons.

A shot of the mini book open (on the left) and the tag in the pocket on the right pulled out from its housing.
This is my favourite shot because of the way the spine works, you get glimpses of all the envelopes as well as the inside back cover - genius Annette!

Stood upright you see how effective this whole book is, I'm unsure of its suitability as an organizer for a teacher that would be used daily (Voodoo Vixen uses hers as an organizer for receipts and conversations but don't think it's an organizer used daily) I'm unsure if it would withstand the vigours of school life but as a mini book or something for yourself to be used at home, it is absolutely fantastic.

So finally can I thank Annette (Voodoo Vixen) for sharing her design with us - it is the most exquisite book, with great photos and instructions!

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, I love the colours you have used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous is that?!! Love the colours and those papers and how you have changed it up with the BIA mini book on the inside cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog! Lovin all the mini books, especially the shaped ones x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow looks like you have worked really hard on this project

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love this book, the colours are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous book, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work gal, and great photography too. Thanks for sharing, very inspiring indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stuff Virginia! You've come up with the goods here....teacher is sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete