Friday, 12 June 2009

SNOW BOOK - ANOTHER TAKE ON VOODOO VIXEN

Well I couldn't resist the Voodoo Vixen book one more time! Yes I know it's glorious sunshine outside so why am I do a wintry book? Well basically this year was the first year, that we got some decent snow and so despite having done a double page layout already I couldn't resist a mini book to document the rest of the photos and what better project than the project designed by Voodoo Vixen http://scraphappenshere.blogspot.com/ as mentioned before this was originally deemed an organiser but I decided to use the design to turn it into a mini book, I'm amazed at how many surfaces it creates that you can write or put photos. The snowflake on the front is covered in Tim Holtz distress inks and then I've sprinkled glitter on top - I'm unsure whether the glitter was a good idea - but it's done now!

You can see just how elaborate the book looks from this angle!

View of the inside cover, you can see the BIA mini book open on the left and the tag in the first pocket is shown on the right. In addition the front of the pocket has a further pocket and tag in it!

Simple embellishments, blonde moments stamps for the background stamping and a little bit of ribbon.

Now next project? I've altered a watering can - just think I might make a mini book to go inside it - now where's that paper.... hope you're all having a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Coo, you are incredibly industrious! Would that my industy was so beautifully productive. This is a wonderful take on the original, I expect Annette wil be thrilled that you've taken her idea and run with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your snow book.

    Can't wait to see your mini book for the watering can. Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks FAB, thanks for sharing

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous book! Love the colours, very wintry, perfect for the theme.

    ReplyDelete