Saturday, 6 June 2009

MIXED SHAPE BOOK - WITH ONE EVENING TO MAKE IT!

Well the question is why do I do it to myself, despite starting the process of this book two weeks ago (I requested input from friends and family two weeks ago), it was Wednesday night before I even considered asking my other half to cut out the shapes for me, which meant Thursday night was spent putting it together! The book is yet another mixed shape book (these are definitely addictive) I used primarily pale pink papers coupled with black and have to say the overall effect was stunning. It was extremely well received by my sister on her birthday and the letters, notes and wishes included made her laugh, cry and smile and I got big hugs in return - mission accomplished!

A view from above showing all the shapes inside

Sometimes it's the detail that makes the difference, I put the handle through the chipboard cover and used a metal heart I had in 'stock', but in addition to this I also added some shrink plastic charms that were something of a family effort a couple of weeks ago. I've had the shrink plastic about two years and never been brave enough to use it, but once I'd bought the stamps I just had to try it out, used some sparkly pens and hole punch then other half did the shrinking really pleased with the results - even remembered to write the words backwords. We couldn't believe how rish the colours were!

On the inner cover, I used the same stamp that I'd used for one of the shrink plastic charms, which has an empty scroll and filled that in with words used to describe my sister in the messages I received, my favourite being 'fiery little dragon' - from an incident when she was little!

The heart shape has now become a favourite in these books, although next time I may ensure that both sides are the same paper and I used it to put some great rub ons.

As well as the pale pink pages I also used some flock paper that I got in a papermania pack recently, to be honest when I got them I wasn't sure I liked them - but they worked so well!

Different shapes - I love including loads of different shapes!

The back pages from me, war and peace as usual. I love the circle pages because with the addition of stamping around the edges they are so effective!








12 comments:

  1. It's turned out beautifully and no wonder your sister loved it!! One of fav colour combos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovly book and I bet your sister will look at it loads lovely colours too I love pink and black well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful book Virgina, love it. You are very creative and the books just get better and better. Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! That flocked paper is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's totally gorgeous, a really special gift; I'm not suprised how your sister laughed and cried, I would've too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful book. I'm sure your sister will treasure it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this book. I can see why your sistwer loved it too.
    You do some lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this book! I can see why your sister loved it too.
    You do some lovely projects..... however do you find the time? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is stunning - I'd love to know how you make that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is gorgeous! I'm jealous of your ability ...

    ReplyDelete