Wednesday, 3 June 2009

MIXED SHAPE BOOK FINALLY FINISHED

Finally my mixed shape book is actually finished, not only finished but full of photos and some simple journalling. The majority of the photos are architectural detail captured on film at Portmeirion with only two shots of me and my family within the 'heart pages', this is mainly because I've scrapped the family pictures elsewhere, but wanted to record the fantastic architecture there.

I love the overall effect, I was inspired by some great projects on UK Scrappers when I asked for help. Initially I started with 2.5mm thick chipboard pieces, but if I'd have continued with those I wouldn't have been able to get the whole thing bound with my my bind it all LOL, so having been inspired I managed to add some pockets, envelopes and cardstock to really bring it to life. The majority (bar one tiny piece) of the patterned paper is the Jesse Edwards Papermania range, not my usual taste in paper but used together it works really well - I hope you agree!

Hopefully the view from above gives you a feel for how the inside looks altogether.

A few simple flowers and some faux stitching, inked edges adds to the detail.

My heart pages!

The star on the front of the book was initially cut to go inside the book as a page but I hadn't considered how that was going to work with binding the points, so I thought it would have to be omitted thankfully I managed to bring the front together with it. The ribbon on the star were cut out of a dress, (you know the ones where you use them to help with hanging the garment but then spend all day tucking them back in, so I always cut them out) bought for a wedding at the weekend which included a star shape and the word star on the ribbon - a bit of credit crunch scrapping to boot!
So that's it all my lovely projects that I had on the go now finished, what am I going to do next?


8 comments:

  1. I love your book its great and the papers work really well. Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow that is such a cool book! great idea i love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its turned out beautifully!! Love the colours and shapes, those papers are divine!

    If you look at my shape book you will see how I resolved the star problem!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I really like this. Thanks for sharing. I think I might have to be a bit more adventurous. Seriously good stuff hun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the book and the papers. I bet it feels good to have finshed all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a lovely project love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous book as ever Virginia. Lovely papers too, inking and faux stitching does pull everything together! Great stuff
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Virginia this is a fantastic book, just love the colours, the elements are brill and the heart in the middle is inspired Love it. Ann xx

    ReplyDelete