Tuesday, 2 June 2009

ANOTHER FRAME BOOK - THESE ARE ADDICTIVE

Well I can finally put on one of my favourite frame books that I've made, it was a gift for a wedding so didn't want to divulge it on here until the happy couple received it! I loved doing this I followed the wedding theme of gold, cream and butterflies and used black as the accent colour! I even managed to use the butterfly cut outs that came in the invitation and attaced them to the back sheet on the front cover. I used a triple embossing method on the hand cut heart on the front, taught to me by the wonderful Sandra http://pilgrimart.blogspot.com/ at the Craft Box http://www.thecraftbox.biz/ in one of the many project classes that I've attended there!


Inside the book there are five pockets, all hand stamped with either basic grey stamps or textured stamps onto cream card stock,

Inside each pocket a hand cut tag, decorated to match the book and each pocket had a little bit of paint, cut outs of an old book and a prompt!


The tags were made in black cardstock and I used complementary papers and my favourite glossy accents as well as a gold ink pad!

I even managed to do a bit of wire work on the pocket although my attempts at a butterfly weren't brilliant! - forgive hubbies big fingers in the way, he was trying to photograph it for me - bless!

The happy couple were really pleased with the finished item in its own custom built box (courtesy of my dear husband), apparently Paul, the groom loved the sound of the box lid when it went on the box! Scrapping with soundeffects - fantastic!


6 comments:

  1. Its gorgeous! Now wonder the happy couple loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely - really unusual. I've not seen a frame book before. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous book. Never seen one before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really beautiful. What a lovely thing for them to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Virginia its gorgeous, lovely choice of colours, following the theme through and you've personalised it so uniquely. Great stuff!
    Big hug x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous book,love the colours and what a brill idea. No wonder the couple loved it. Annxx

    ReplyDelete