Friday, 19 June 2009

ALTERED FRAME

I love it when you come across something in a shop that makes you think scrapbooking immediately! I was in our local town at the weekend and realised that one of the many shops that has closed in recent months had reopened so I went in to have a wander. The shop was full of all sorts of things from cushions and duvets to food stuffs but it was definitely the area of picture frames that I was drawn, I found three frames costing £1.99 each.

I immediately fell in love with the three dimensional lettering and the way your eye was immediately attracted to it! So once home it was taken (quite literally to pieces), the frame had been given it's three dimensional insides with some rather poor quality plastic etc, but the letters were deep foam letters easily removed from their backing, so I literally disposed of everything bar the frame, glass, backing board and letters!

On the grounds that I knew i would want to display the frame in my home I opted for a colour co-ordinated look (it'll match our bedroom), set to with a plain piece of cream card, stamped a script stamp on the background in black stazon, stamped some red hearts which I decorated with stickles, some black star stickers, a piece of black scrap paper on the left, found a Tim Holtz swirl which I stamped in red and edged in places with glossy accents and found a film frame sticker. I've had the film frame sticker an absolute age and never found a way to incorporate it, but it was ideal for this, found three photos from a trip out of me, hubby and little one and before I knew it it was done. I glued the glass into the frame with glossy accents and put in a couple of tiny chipboard offcuts that I coloured black just to keep the backing board in place. I taped the picture to the back board and then it was done.

The photo below is what one of the frames looks like prior to being altered! This one is friends and the other I've got is Memories and the letters for that are in white, I altered got hold of a bigger frame with the word MEMORIES in it in white letters. So plenty more to go at.



3 comments:

  1. What a great find - you've done a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautifully!! Cannot resist a bargain either!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, definitely improved in my HO. Lovely LO.

    ReplyDelete