Monday, 25 May 2009

TWO MORE PROJECTS FINISHED WOO-HOO

Well as I promised two more projects completed - woo hoo, the first is my first piece of 'art work' for around the home, It's basically card, paper, flowers, stitching, inking, ribbons, wire - pretty much anything I could lay my hands on easily in the right colour scheme. Close ups below


I also used some Tim Holtz swirls and glossy accents, brads and some tiny glass beads in black, the thread I used was out of my embroidery box and it's one of the skeins that changes colour, I never saw the point of them when I used to cross stitch but they kind of come into their own on one of these pieces


My gorgeous other half cut out the chipboard backing, which I painted black and then came up with a fool proof way of hanging it without the need for knots and eyelets, both of which he said may have been difficult to line up!

We then stuck the red card down onto the chipboard with hot glue gun, which caused a few burnt fingers but did the trick!



Really pleased with it!



And finally my canvas it's been a work in progress for the last few weeks, everyone seemed to have been doing canvases, this is mine, all mine! Techniques used included stamping, embossing, painting, cut out tribal heart, blonde moment pigment pearls. It's a good size canvas about 20 inch by 16 inch, want to do a bigger one now!




Hope you are all having a great bank holiday weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Love your wall hanging and your canvas.

    I really need to get some projects finished too!!

    Enjoy the rest of your BH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Virginia, Lovely wall hanging and fab canvas - bet you had so much fun creating! Love your tribal heart and your back ground and your edging of the whole thing so yes, I just love it. Great job well done!

    ReplyDelete