Well one Saturday morning I happened along to UK Scrappers to find someone giving away two lots of stash! I popped along to the blog http://sarahk-scrapblog.blogspot.com/ and put my comments and believe it or not I was the second person to comment and woo hoo, I actually won something! There were two giveaways including a 12 x 12 album, a pack of citrus papers, citrus brads, citrus flowers and half a pack of letters in citrus of course!
When they first arrived I stroked them (quite happily) and then moved photos around them quite a lot, there was something that didn't quite work, all the pages have a plain background with a design on the side of the page and there are two of each page in the pack, perfect for my double page layouts of my Welsh holiday album, then it dawned on me, this design on the page made the page feel half done and it was driving me mad, so I ripped up some paper, stuck it down and set to with a needle and thread. I stamped the background papers with some gorgeous blonde moments stamps and got out some bright cardstock and bright ribbon! Page one below
A view of the double page spread, I was really happy with it once it was done and it fits lovely inside my album (the new one from the give away!)
Monday night came around and it was scrapbook night down at the Craft Box at Elsecar http://www.thecraftbox.biz/ and another fantastic page courtesy of Sandra, now the problem was that I still wasn't quite upright, but my other half thought I was going stir crazy in the house so he drove me there, left me an hour and then picked me back up which meant that I could at least get out of these four walls that feel like they've imprisoned me for the last few weeks whilst I've been suffering with my back. The page was gorgeous using Basic Grey papers and I loved the layout (it's not the next photo but the one after - still can't get used to how blogger loads up the photos lol), the only issue the fact that the title was prepared for a layout in my Welsh holiday album which is primarily double page layouts, so the only way to resolve the issue was to buy extra paper and create a matching page. The page I created when I got home is below followed by the layout we did in class - thank you Sandra - you'll be pleased to know I've used the page again to create something a little different I'll photo that later!