Tuesday, 12 May 2009

FOR COUSIN'S NEW BABY


Well my cousin has just had a baby girl that she desperately craved for after two boys and so whilst I've been laid up with my bad back I've managed over several days to produce this. It's a book with a frame on the front and inside it has pockets with pull out tags, the original idea came from a Project class run at the Craft Box at Elsecar - http://www.thecraftbox.biz/ where we did a small square frame onto a book.

The frame I've used is 7" x 5" and was bought for a pound, my other half has then removed the metal pegs from the back and sanded it for me! I've then painted the frame with acrylic paints, he made me the book that it attaches to and then I've made five envelopes inside, it's a great size to include photos and even momentos from the hospital like the wrist band etc. Once I've got her new address I'll be safely packing it up to be sent to her - hope she likes it - it's always nice to do something pink for a change!



4 comments:

  1. Absolutely love it Virginia, love everything about it. The colours are great, your cousin should be very pleased to receive such a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Virinia, glad to see you're managing to get a little crafting in - painful though it may be! I love that you take our projects to a new level and re produce them with your own slant on them....this book frame will prove to be a special gift and your cousin can't help but be pleased!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Virginia and I am sure your cousin will be so happy to receive such a personal and orginial gift. Thank you for this lovely thoughtful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beatiful gift and I am sure your cousin will be so happy to receive this little creation. Having a Daughter has made her family complete and she will be so overwhelmed by your thoughtfullness.

    ReplyDelete