Saturday, 16 May 2009

ANOTHER FRAME BOOK

Well I'm finally able to post this box frame book that I made for my sister, she needed it for a wedding she was attending. I love making these, they are so much fun and each one is so very different! This first picture shows inside the book and the first pocket.


A look from the top, showing the frame on the front, the book and the pockets behind, I included the two initials inside the frame which I stamped and then embossed with UTEE


As always when doing something like this I got my other half to make a box for the book to fit in, that way it's made to measure and can be decorated to match the project.


The front cover below gives a slightly better shot of the book, the frame on the front was bought from a pound shop, sanded, painted and distressed to match the gorgeous papers that I bought at the Craft Box at Elsecar, the letters were cut out of thin chipboard, covered in paper, stamped with stazon ink using a magenta stamp (also bought at the Craft Box ages ago - one of my favourite stamps of all time), applied several layers of UTEE before the final touch - a little bit of ribbon wrapped around the letters and then stuck down, before the frame was placed over the top once the glass was secured.




4 comments:

  1. Oh Virginia, it's beautful, you've inspired me I may just have to make another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the nice work virginia.... i need to make one of these frame books, i missed the class at elsecar. Yours are lovely.
    can i ask again, which stamp do you use lots, its the one you stamped all through an orange & black book??????? I ask everytime i see you at elsecar ;o)
    Thanks
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, i really need to make one of those frame books, i missed the class at elsecar. Yours are lovely.
    I need to ask ...again, what stamp did you use all through an orange & black book. I know i've asked this question loads but the stamp is lovely.
    Claire. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Claire

    I can confirm that the lovely stamp you are asking about is a gorgeous Magenta stamp, there doesn't seem to be a pattern number of name to it, it's a wooden block rubber stamp and I love it because it can be tiled so easily together to create a much larger stamped image!

    ReplyDelete